Club Grant Program
The Swim BC Club Grant Program replaces all funding programs previously in place at Swim BC. This grant is intended to be easier to understand, simpler to administer, and our best investment in helping as many swimmers as possible participate in competitive swimming in British Columbia.
In the first year of the program, Swim BC reserves the right to make adjustments to accommodate unforeseen circumstances.
The Swim-a-Thon is an in-pool fundraiser where swimmers earn pledges to swim a set number of lengths or participate in a fun and challenging swimming event. Each club can personalize their Swim-a-Thon event to match their club and swimmer needs. All donations are collected online through a personalized website created by Raise-a-Thon, and 90% of the funds earned are distributed back to the clubs.
Swim BC provides its membership with the insurance covering Commercial General Liability, Accidental Death & Dismemberment, and Directors & Officers Liability Insurance. The types of operations insured include meets; training sessions and camps; fundraising events; provincial and national competitions; social events; and club, provincial, and national meetings. Our insurance provides coverage for Swim BC, clubs, their officers, directors, coaches, officials, participants, employees, and volunteers, who are participating in the program.
Here are a few reminders regarding how to fill out the request form:
- Please type into the fillable PDF, save it, and email it to the Club Services Manager.
- Please make sure that you are making the certificate out to the entity (not the swim club) who is requesting your proof of insurance.
- The start date should be the date you make the request; the expiration date should be the expiry date of the policy.
- Please review the contract with the entity requesting the proof of insurance to ensure you include all of the details they request.
Note: Clubs will need to resubmit a request for a copy of the renewed policy effective December 1, of each season. For the dates that the certificate is valid, please use the day you submit the form until the expiry of the insurance policy.
Within 30 days of an accident, mail the original completed form and medical receipts directly to the BFL Claims department. The mailing address is found on the claims form. Please also email a completed copy of the form to Swim BC within 30 days of the accident.
Swim BC offers three options for payment of invoices:
- Interac Email Money Transfer: Please send email money transfers to firstname.lastname@example.org. This email is set up for auto-deposit, and a security question shouldn’t be needed.
- Credit Card: Credit cards are accepted for payments of $300 or less, directly through the Swim BC office.
- Cheque: Mailed directly to the office
Swim BC gratefully acknowledges the financial support of the Province of British Columbia.
305-4420 Chatterton Way
Victoria, BC V8X 5J2