From Rocco Meiring, Interim SwimBC Provincial Coach
Circulated to coaches, 2015-01-15
This is a notice asking for applications from coaches who wish to apply for financial support for personal professional development.
SwimBC has limited funding set aside for this purpose.
The deadline for applications is 15 February 2015.
Applications to be emailed to myself (and cc. firstname.lastname@example.org).
Applications will be considered on an individual basis & applicants will be informed of the outcome by 27th February 2015
Reminder that the conditions for consideration for your application are;
- currently actively coaching in a registered SwimBC competitive club program
- bona fide member of SwimBC and BCSCA and in good standing with both organizations
- supported by his/ her club (& headcoach if applicable) to apply
Your application must cover and highlight the following;
- Current CSCA accreditation (level)
- Current highest level of swimmers that you are coaching - as per BC standards
- The specific information/ advice/ mentorship and exposure you are looking for, should you receive the support from SwimBC
- The specific person & destination (program / institution) you have identified that will provide this information you are looking for
- The planned budget relating to the mission - highlighting itemized expenses
- The planned dates for the start & finish of the mission
- Your willingness and date that you will report back on your mission, in a written report format, ready to be circulated among the rest of the BC coaches
- Your availability to present your findings if required to, at the BCSCA conference or at a SwimBC gathering that is appropriate
Rocco Meiring (interim Prov Coach)