SwimBC once again will be offering financial support to a number of coaches looking to develop their skills through a mentorship opportunity with a coach currently working at a higher level.
Up to 10 mentorship grants will be made available.
Who can apply
Any full-time coach who is a member in good standing with SwimBC is welcome to apply. Priority will be given to head coaches, then assistant coaches.
Application must include the following:
- Current coaching situation (coach position/title, level of swimmers, etc.)
- NCCP number and current certification level (indicate “trained” or “in training” if not fully certified at a given level)
- The objectives of your proposed mentorship opportunity
- The specific coach (and their club/location/level) with whom you propose to work, and a brief statement about why you selected that person
- Include a brief note from mentor stating that they are receptive and able to accommodate you during your proposed dates
- A budget that includes amounts for each expense line (e.g., travel, accommodation, etc.) Receipts must be provided for travel and accommodation.
- Planned dates for the mentorship opportunity.
- A statement of support from your club (or head coach, if assistant coach applying)
- Financial contribution (if any) from your club, or yourself
- Acknowledgement that you will present a report on your experience, outlining the objectives, observations, key learnings, and steps forward, either in writing for dissemination to the SwimBC / BCSCA coach membership, or a TED-talk-style verbal presentation at the BCSCA Conference.
Please take note of the following:
- Deadline for applications has been extended to January 31, 2016. Any incomplete applications (e.g., missing a budget) received up to that point, or applications received after that time, will be disregarded.
- Applications will only be accepted by email sent to the SwimBC Performance Director, Mike Flegel (firstname.lastname@example.org).
- Coaches will be notified of their successful application and funds allocated by February 15, 2016.
- Funds will not be dispersed until an acceptable written report has been delivered to SwimBC and BCSCA for distribution to its members.