Good day, Coaches.
One of SwimBC’s strategic objectives is to enhance and upskill the coaching community in British Columbia, helping empower coaches to consistently develop athletes onto Canada’s National Teams, and on to success in the international arena.
To that end, SwimBC is pleased to be partnering with Swimming Canada to offer scholarships for up to four SwimBC coaches to attend the 2017 American Swim Coaches Association World Clinic in Washington, DC, as an adjunct to Swimming Canada’s Select Coaches Group.
This initiative will allow SwimBC coaches to attend the ASCA World Clinic, as well as to participate in Swimming Canada’s one-day seminar following the clinic to review and discuss concepts, viewpoints, training models, and other ideas that emerge.
SwimBC, for its part, will provide the following:
- Airfare to Washington, DC (depart August 30; return September 4)
- Accommodations at the host hotel (Washington Hilton)
- $50/day per diem
- Conference registration fee
Coaches selected by SwimBC will be subject to approval by Swimming Canada, and will be required to attend the full clinic, Swimming Canada's post-clinic one-day workshop, as well as any other meetings and discussions for the group.
In addition, coaches selected by SwimBC will be required to provide a written summation (minimum 3000 words) of their experience - what they saw, what they learned, what impact this experience had on their coaching going forward, etc.
SwimBC is suggesting that applicants meet the following criteria:
- Are the Head Coach of a SwimBC program, or a lead assistant coach working with athletes at the Train-to-Compete stage of development or above;
- Have coached athletes to qualify for Canadian Swimming Championships and/or Canadian Junior Championships;
- Have achieved Level 3 / Senior Coach NCCP certification or "in training" at this level; however, coaches who are fully certified Level 2 may also be considered
Interested candidates should submit a resumé (including NCCP number and NCCP status), a covering letter expressing their interest and what they look to take away, plus their yearly training plan for the 2016-2017 season, to SwimBC Performance Director, Mike Flegel (email@example.com) no later than June 30, 2017.
SwimBC Performance Director