Long-term Athlete Development
There are five reasons to embrace an LTAD model:
- To establish a clear swimmer development path
- To identify gaps in the current swimmer development path
- To realign and integrate programs for developing swimmers and swimming in British Columbia
- To provide a planning tool, based on scientific research, for coaches, parents, and administrators
- To guide planning for optimal performance
The principles of LTAD will be used to review existing swimming initiatives led by Swim BC and Swimming/Natation Canada, and inform any future initiatives. We hope that all swimming providers will use LTAD in a similar way, which will enable the swimming community to come together to achieve our provincial and national goals.
For more information on LTAD, please review the Canadian Sport For Life Parents’ Guide and the Swimming Canada Long-Term Athlete Development Strategy
Swim BC gratefully acknowledges the financial support of the Province of British Columbia.
104-4430 Chatterton Way
Victoria, BC V8X 5J2