BC High School External Sports Credit
The External Sport Credits program began in 1997 and is designed to recognize the level of participation which you are involved in as an elite level athlete in British Columbia. It includes athletes who are competing on provincial or national teams, are Team BC members attending the Western Canada Summer Games or the Canada Summer or Winter Games, as well as BC and National Athlete Assistance recipients.
External credits are available for swimmers registered with SwimBC who have met the following criteria:
- BC AAA Championships 15yr.-old Qualifying Time, regardless of age: Athlete 10
- SNC Western Canadian Championships Qualifying Time: Athlete 11
- Age Group National 15yr.-old Qualifying Time, regardless of age: Athlete 11
- SNC Senior National Championships Qualifying Time: Athlete 12
Regardless of when the performance was achieved, the times will be compared against the current season's time standards to make the determination of a swimmer's eligibility for credit; the current time standards can be found on our website here.
To apply for credit, qualified individuals must make a written request by email to Office Manager email@example.com, outlining the following:
1. Credit(s) they would like to apply for;
2. One or more events, including the achieved time and competition it was achieved, in which they have the applicable time standards; and
3. Applicant's mailing address.
SwimBC will then mail the applicant a letter which can be presented to one's counsellor at their school.