Swim BC is the leading provincial sport organization for swimming in Canada.
Swim BC leads, creates and organizes an environment conducive for success in swimming.
Swim BC is a not-for-profit Provincial Sport Organization (PSO) and the governing body for competitive swimming in British Columbia. Additionally, Swim BC is a member of the National Sport Organization (NSO), Swimming Canada (SNC).
Affiliate organizations which fall within Swim BC’s umbrella include the Masters Swimming Association of BC (MSABC) and the BC Swim Coaches Association (BCSCA). Swim BC members include 56 age-group swim clubs, four university clubs, seven swim associations, and 48 masters clubs. The clubs are found in every region of the province and collectively boast over 14,000 individual members (swimmers, coaches, club board members, and officials).
Read the 2012-2017 Strategic Plan and Vision Overview.
View the Swim BC Constitution and Bylaws.
Swim BC is driven by its vision of being a world leader in every component of swimming and strives to provide the leadership and means for its members to achieve excellence in all areas of swimming. Swim BC works hard at developing, delivering and promoting a variety of services and programs to enhance the presence of competitive swimming in the province. Swim BC subscribes to the philosophy of being an athlete centered, coach driven, and administratively supported organization.
The Swim BC Board of Directors is made up of seven positions. Swim BC has multiple advisory committees, including Policy, Financial, Regional Directors, Officials, Awards, Technical and Affiliated Members.
The President and Directors are elected bi-annually at the Swim BC AGM. A director may only hold the position of President for two (2) consecutive terms or four (4) years.
Regional Directors are appointed annually from the registered clubs in their respective region. Their term commences following the closing of each Annual General Meeting.
General Board Responsibilities
- To uphold the Association's constitution, bylaws, policies and values;
- To provide the leadership and direction to implement, monitor, review and update the Swim BC Strategic Plan;
- To review and recommend changes to the policies and guidelines of the Association;
- To respond to the directives of the Association;
- To receive and approve the operating budget;
- To promote the profile of the Association to the community; and,
- To evaluate the progress toward the achievement of the mission statement.
The official head of the Association who represents Swim BC is required;
- To guide and oversee the business and financial affairs of the Association;
- To be aware of all business and financial decisions of the Association;
- To ensure the Board of Directors are kept informed of all critical matters pertaining to the Association;
- To ensure the Association is represented on all matters dealing with government agencies; and,
- To serve as the Swimming Canada (SNC) Voting Delegate, or appoint an alternative
2016-2017 SWIM BC Board of Directors
- President - Jerome Beauchamp
- Director - Pilar Catala
- Director - Larry Chrobot
- Director - Joe Lee
- Director - Ken Radford
- Director - Jody Kitts
- Director - Julia Lockhart
Should you wish to contact a Board Member, please reach out to the SWIM BC Office Manager.