With formal approval from its Board of Directors on May 18, 2010, SwimBC is now accepting bids from its member clubs to host its Championships events in the 2010-2011 season.
The dates of the various meets, as outlined below, were brought forward from the May 11, 2010, meeting of SwimBC's Technical Advisory Committee, and fairly closely follows the timing of meets in recent years.
The dates of the meet are as follows:
- Team Aquatic Supplies BC Senior Circuit #1 (Short Course): October 29-30, 2010
- BC AA Championships (Winter – Short Course): February 11-13, 2011
- Team Aquatic Supplies BC S/C AAA Age Group Champs (18&Under): March 3-6, 2011
- Team Aquatic Supplies BC Senior Championships (Long Course): March 11-12, 2011
- BC AA Championships (Summer – Long Course preferred): June 24-26, 2011
- Team Aquatic Supplies BC L/C Open AAA Championships (Long Course): July 7-10, 2011
- BC Open Water Championships: July 11, 2011
The meet bid package is available for download here. The deadline date for submissions is Friday, June 11, 2010. The SwimBC Awards Committee will then review all bids and select the hosts based on the criteria contained within the bid package.