While BC swimmers took the number 4 literally on the fourth day of the Age Group Championships with a stunning nine fourth place finishes in the finals, the top of the medal podium still beckoned as a number of BC swimmers claimed gold.
Cassandra Purdon, IS, finished first in the 12&U girls 200 Breaststroke. James Dergousoff, Chena followed with his third gold medal in the 13&U boys 200 Breaststroke. Lauren McMillan, UVIC-PCS was first to the wall in the 14 year old girls 200 Breaststroke. Ryan Anderson, WDSC followed suit in the 16 year old boys. Danica Ludlow was the winner of the 200 Freestyle for 13 year old girls. B.C. matched our best day so far with 52 final swims.
- 100 Backstroke; Nina Takahashi, VPSC 12&U, Haley Black PGB, 13 years
- 200 Breaststroke; Hillary Metcalfe LOSC, 12&U, Kierra Smith LLSC 16-18
- 200 Freestyle; Charlotte Philpotts WVOSC, 14 year
- 400 Freestyle Relay
- UBCD 12&U (Nina Takahashi, Clarissa Tan, Taylor Reilly, Heather Lam)
- UBCD 14&U (Meghan Kwiatkowski, Sidney Peake, Sarah Yeo, Alicia Chung)
- UBCD 15&U (Edward Zhao, Travis Kam, Nicolas Kasting, Brian Lo)
- 100 Backstroke; Stefanie Schmidt UVIC-PCS, 15 years, Samantha Corea VPSC, 16-18
- 200 Freestyle; Amy Sun, WVOSC 14 years