SwimBC AGM and Awards Social
The 2010 SwimBC Annual General Meeting was held at the SportBC building in Richmond on Saturday, September 25, and in conjunction with that was the 2010 SwimBC Awards presentations.
Along with the regular business conducted at the AGM, the SwimBC board for 2010-2011 was announced. Given that there was the same number of nominees as board positions open, there were no elections, and all nominees were acclaimed to board positions. The new board consists of the following members:
- Dean Crawford (selected by the board to act as President)
- Muriel Henry
- Joe Lee
- Bob Gold
- Larry Chrobot
- Mike McIntyre
- Joseph Beauchamp
Following the AGM, SwimBC announced and presented awards honouring and recognizing the top performers in the pool over the past 12 months, as well as the volunteers who have contributed to making it possible for swimmers of all levels to achieve their personal goals.
SwimBC award recipients for 2009-2010 are as follows:
- BCSOA Official of the Year was Leanne Poulin from Nanaimo.
- Investors Group Volunteer of the Year was Gord Willies from Kamloops.
- BC Male Swimmer of the Year: Ryan Cochrane (IS)
- BC Female Swimmer of the Year: Annamay Pierse (UBCD)
- BC Male Para-Swimmer of the Year: Donovan Tildesley (UBCD)
- BC Female Para-Swimmer of the Year: Stephanie Dixon (UVPCS)
- BC Open Water Swimmer of the Year: Richard Weinberger (UVPCS)
And lastly, the SwimBC Club of the Year Award was presented to Surrey Knights Swim Club for their strong development over the past year, as well as their contributions within their community. This included offering free swimming instruction to disadvantaged youth, as well as donating a portion of the Swimathon earnings to the Surrey Child Develop Centre, once again providing help to children in need.