The Aboriginal Sport, Recreation & Physical Activity Partners Council is pleased to present
BC Aboriginal Provincial SWIM Camp
JANUARY 28 & 29, 2012
Comox Valley Aquatic Centre
377 Lerwick Road, Courtenay, BC
Hosted by Wachiay Friendship Centre
This BC Aboriginal Provincial SWIM Camp will be hosted January 28 & 29 in Courtenay, BC at the Comox Valley Aquatic Centre. Thank you to Wachiay Friendship Centre who is serving as the official host organization of this Swim BC supported camp.
We are inviting Aboriginal youth (First Nations, Métis, Inuit), ages 10 to 19, who want to further develop their swimming skills and gain quality coaching and instruction with Leanne Sirup, trained NCCP Level III coach, in a safe, positive, fun and professional atmosphere to sign up and come on out and join us!
Two different levels of camp will be provided - one on Saturday, one on Sunday:
SATURDAY, January 28, 2012
- 3:30 to 6:30 pm (Snack included).
- Arrive to check-in by 3:15pm.
- This session is for individuals interested in the Sport of Swimming and want to learn more on what it’s all about.
- Suggested minimum level: able to swim 25m unassisted
SUNDAY, January 29, 2012
“TRAINING TO COMPETE”
- 9:00 am to 3:00 pm (Lunch included)
- Arrive to check-in at 8:45am.
- This session is for individuals who are currently / or have recently been involved with the organized Sport of Swimming.
- Suggested minimum level: SwimBC 11yrs Provincial A times.
With the support of our partners, including the Province of BC and Nike Inc., the camp fee is only $5.00!
Participants also receive a pair of goggles, a Nike N7 BC Aboriginal Camp T-shirt and a Swim BC swim cap!
*A future camp is being planned for the Northeast Region in Prince George. TBA soon.
**** You must register by 4pm, Wednesday, January 25th. ****
Space is limited so sign up today!
Please see this poster for additional details and information.