While there was a bit of a shake-up in the second-through-sixth place finishers, Vancouver Pacific Swim Club completed its wire-to-wire run to win the overall team-scoring title at the 2012 TAS SwimBC AAA Age Group Championships, becoming the first non-association organization in the 21st century to win either the short course or long course iterations of this meet.
VPSC stretched its lead over the rest of the field on the final day, finishing with 2549 points, while Island Swimming jumped over Pacific Sea Wolves to claim second place with 2228 points. PSW finished in third with 2152.5, while Chena was fourth with 2022.5; Hyack at 1958.5 and Rapids at 1938.5 rounded out the closely-bunched top six teams at the meet.
The highest quality swims of the meet also happened to come on the last day of the meet, as Sherry Liu (HYACK) and Keegan Zanatta (IS) each posted 400 Free results that scored over 800 FINA points; Liu scored 835 by going 4:09.45, while Zanatta's 3:48.11 counted for 811 FINA points - the only two swims of the meet that registered over 800 FINA points.
The latest meet management software also provides the possibility of providing what it calls "quality club scoring", which is essentially a "individual points scored per swimmer in the meet" for each team. As predicted by exactly no one (I would assume), Chetwynd Electric Eels had the highest point-scoring average per swimmer, with their four swimmers averaging 88 points a piece. The full list of "quality club scoring" is available here.
As was the case on each of the preceding evenings, there were numerous meet records broken during Sunday's finals session:
- Hillary Metcalfe (LAOSC) - 13yr. girls 400 Free
- Danica Ludlow (PGB) - 15yr. girls 400 Free
- Sherry Liu (HYACK) - 16-18yr. girls 400 Free
- Paul Zou (WDSC) - 12yr. boys 400 Free
- Keegan Zanatta (IS) - 16-18 boys 400 Free
- Lauren Crisp (UVPCS) - 12yr. girls 200 Back
- Haley Black (PGB) - 15yr. girls 200 Back
- Markus Thormeyer (WDSC) - 14yr. boys 200 Back
- Harry Duan (WSC) - 12yr. boys 100 Breast
- Jennifer Mann (IS) - 16-18 girls 100 Breast
- Raben Dommann (CHENA) - 11&U boys 200 Fly
- Lucas Tyler (LLSC) - 12yr. boys 200 Fly
- Chris Baker (HYACK) - 13yr. boys 200 Fly
- Haley Black (PGB) - 15yr. girls 200 Fly
- Justin Schramm (LAOSC) - 14yr. boys 200 Fly
At the conclusion of the meet, SwimBC also tabulated the results for the TAS Regional Athlete Development Awards. This is a $125 cash prize from TAS that goes out to the top 14&U swimmer in each region, based on a specific point formula. Details and winners from each region can be found here.