Swim BC Job Posting: Para-swimmer Recruitment Coordinator (Term Position)
Objectives for this Position:
- To create new contacts in the disability community to assist in recruiting new Para-swimmers into Swim BC programs.
- To plan, organize and deliver See Yourself Swimming sessions for potential Para-swimmers Position Responsibilities:
The successful applicant will undertake and execute the following:
- Liaise with Swimming Canada staff and the Swim BC Provincial Coach, to create a list of potential contacts inside the medical community and the community at large.
- Schedule visits with contacts or institutions to promote Para-swimming.
- Create a brochure and/or poster to advertise Para-swimming to potential Para-swimmers as well as Swim BC member clubs.
- Run four See Yourself Swimming sessions for Para swimmers: one in Victoria, two in the Lower Mainland, and one in the Okanagan.
- This will include managing all logistics including the booking of pool time, advertising and staffing.
- Provide reporting as dictated by the Canadian Paralympic Committee, including a final written summary report.
Term of Contract:
July 15, 2012 – March 31, 2013
June 15, 2012
For more information, contact SwimBC Provincial Coach, Vince Mikuska (email@example.com or 604-798-6944).