As part of its corporate partnership, Team Aquatic Supplies and Swim BC have developed the Team Aquatic Supplies Regional Athlete Development (R.A.D.) Awards.
These awards were created to recognize well-rounded swimming abilities and to assist developing athletes in any of the 14 years or younger age categories at BC AAA Championships.
Team Aquatic Supplies and Swim BC present the high-scoring swimmer (male or female) from each of the SwimBC regions with a cheque for $125.00, based on the following formula:
9 points are awarded for a win, 7 for second, 6 for third, then 5, 4, 3, 2, 1, respectively through to eighth place. Points are added together for each swimmer (individual events only) and prizes awarded at both BC Short Course AAA Age Group Championships and the BC Long Course AAA Championships.
Congratulations to the following swimmers who will be receiving a cheque in the next 7-10 days:
- Wendy Yang (HYACK) - Fraser Valley Region
- (tie) Erin Lawrance (IS) / Lauren Crisp (UVPCS) - Vancouver Island Region
- Colin Gilbert (KCS) - Thompson-Okanagan Region
- Raben Dommann (CHENA) - Vancouver-Squamish Region
- Brittany Welsh (CEE) - NorthEast Region
- Luke Berarducci (PN) - NorthWest Region
- (tie) Tai Long Singh & Markus Thormeyer (both WDSC) - Fraser-Delta Region
- (tie) Tenysha Ross-VanMierlo & Gabrielle Hanvold (both KSC) - Kootenay Region
Our thanks, as always, to Team Aquatic Supplies for their generous contributions in assisting the development of our sport.