After ceding first place in the overall team standings to Pacific Sea Wolves on the Day 3, Hyack Swim Club battled back on the final night at the 2012 Team Aquatic Supplies SwimBC AAA Long Course Championships to lay claim to the team scoring title. While PSW built on its Day 3 lead a little in the first few races, Hyack came roaring back to prevail with a final team point score of 2268. Island Swimming rallied from third place after Day 3 to surpass PSW to take second place with 2153.5 points, while PSW finished third with 2092 points.
Behind the top three, there remained a close battle for the next four placings as well, with Vancouver Pacific Swim Club taking fourth (1822 points) followed by the host Richmond Rapids (1783.5 points) in fifth, CHENA in sixth (1660.5 points), Prince George Barracudas (1644) rounding out the Select Seven.
More meet records continued to fall on final day, following the 40 records that were bettered on the first three days of competition.
- Megan Romkes (RAC) - 12yr. Girls 200 Fly - 2:30.93
- Esmee Smit-Anseeuw (PSW) - 13yr. Girls 200 Fly - 2:25.23
- Colin Gilbert (KCS) - 13yr. Boys 200 Fly - 2:17.78
- Saveli Yungman (PGB) - 15yr. Boys 200 Fly - 2:10.73
- David Dmitrov (LLSC) - 16&O Girls 200 Fly - 2:06.19
- Lauren Crisp (UVPCS) - 12yr. Girls 100 Back - 1:09.46
- Wendy Yang (HYACK) - 13yr. Girls 100 Back - 1:09.56
- Tai Long Singh (WDSC) - 12yr. Boys 100 Back - 1:07.79
- Haley Black (PGB) - 15yr. Girls 100 Back - 1:05.79
- Markus Thormeyer (WDSC) - 14yr. Boys 100 back - 1:01.39
- Rohan Jacob (SGUL) - 16&O Boys 100 Back - 59.44
- Skyeler Kerr (CONNU) - 13yr. Boys 400 Free - 4:22.73
In total, 52 meet records were bettered over the course of the four-day competition, meaning exactly one-third of the events saw new standards established.
SwimBC would like to thank the Richmond Rapids and all the other SwimBC members who volunteered at the meet to make it a fantastic Provincial Championship meet; and as always, we extend our thanks to Team Aquatic Supplies for their continued support of our AAA Championship events.