The records continued to fall on the second day of the 2013 SwimBC AAA SC Age Group Championships, as a number of meet records, one SwimBC record, and one Canadian record were cast aside.
The Canadian record came from Nathan Clement (WVOSC), who set a new Canadian record in the men's 50Free for para-swimmers in the S6 class, with a time of 35.24.
Richmond Rapids set a new 15-17 boys record in the 200M.R., with a time of 1:43.86. At first, we also believed that that time beat the Canadian record set almost 20 years ago, but a team at Ontario Age Group Championships (also being held this weekend) went just 2/10th faster on Thursday.
in Victoria, there remains a close four-way race for overall team scoring champions with Hyack, Chena, Vancouver Pacific, and Richmond Rapids, all grouped within 100 points.
New meet records came from the following swimmers:
- Emily Overholt (WVOSC) - 15yr. girls 200IM
- Olivvya Chow (PSW) - 16-18yr. girls 200 IM
- Stefan Milosevic (HYACK) - 16-18yr. boys 200 IM
- Paul Zou (WDSC) - 13yr. boys 200 IM
- Alex Ball (RAPID) - 13yr. boys 50 Free
- Wendy Yang (SFA) - 14yr. girls 50 Free
- Tim Zeng (CHENA) - 15yr. boys 50 Free
- Ellen Lansing (LAOSC) - 11yr. girls 100 Back
- Lauren Crisp (UVPCS) - 13yr. girls 100 Back
- Tai Long Singh (WDSC) - 13yr. boys 100 Back
- Colin Gilbert (KCS) - 14yr. boys 200 Free
- Edwin Zhao (PSW) - 15yr. boys 200 Free
- Stefan Milosevic (HYACK) - 1:48.56
And new relay meet records, in addition to the previously mentioned SwimBC record from RAPIDS came from RAPIDS in 14&U boys and CDSC in 18&U girls, both in the 200M.R.