The race for the overall team scoring title has been getting closer and closer over the past few years, but it's never been closer than it is at the 2013 SwimBC Short Course AAA Age Groups Championships. THREE points separates first-place HYACK with second-place CHENA - 1528.5 to 1525.5. At the same time, there remains a fierce battle for third place with VPSC and RAPID separated by just 11 points, and those two are still within striking distance of the lead as well.
The scoring is more evenly spread out than its ever been, with eleven teams already over the 1000-point mark in overall team scoring after three days - something that often doesn't happen even after all four days of the meet are concluded.
Another SwimBC record was broken on Saturday night, as Josh Zakala (KAJ) set a new SwimBC record in 13-14 boys 400 IM with a time of 4:34.20.
The meet records continued to fall as well with the following swimmers setting new short course AAA Champs marks:
- Emily Overholt (WVOSC) - 15yr. girls 400 IM
- Faith Knelson (LCSC) - 11&U girls 100 Free and 100 Fly
- Molly Gowans (UVPCS) - 13yr. girls 100 Free
- Danica Ludlow (PGB) - 18&U girls 100 Free
- Edwin Zhao (PSW) - 15yr. boys 100 Free
- Stefan Milosevic (HYACK) - 18&U boys 100 Free
- Eva Nagy (CDSC) - 15yr. girls 200 Breast
- Harry Duan (WSC) - 14yr. boys 200 Breast
- Paul Zou (WDSC) - 13yr. boys 100 Fly
- Markus Thormeyer (WDSC) - 15yr. boys 100 Fly
- UVPCS - 14&U girls 4x50 F.R.