- from a Swimming Canada memo circulated earlier today.
Below is some additional information pertaining to the open water portion of the 2018 RBC Canadian Junior Swimming Championships. The linked meet package has been updated to note the venue for the Open Water race.
- St. Malo Provincial Park is located approximately 45 minutes -1 hour away from the pool, so please allow sufficient travel time
- Warm up and marking will begin at 7:30am
- The first race will begin at 9:00am
- A more detailed schedule of events and heat times will be made available after the registration deadline
- Additional course details will be discussed at the technical meeting on Sunday, July 29.
- The minimum qualifying standard for the open water events is any Junior National standard in the swimmers' gender and age group.
Also, a reminder that the open water events will score toward the overall Team Championship banner (combined with the men and women pool events) and will be awarded on Monday following the Open Water races.