High School External Sports Credit
The External Sport Credentials Program (ESCP) gives students the opportunity to earn graduation credits for approved levels of competition as an athlete, coach, and/or official.
External credits are available for swimmers registered with Swim BC who have met the following criteria:
- Athlete 10: Provincial Championships- 13-14 Female Qualifying Time or Provincial Championship – 13-14 Male Qualifying Time
- Athlete 11: Canadian Junior Championships 15 yr-old Females or 16 yr-old Male Qualifying Time
- Athlete 12: Canadian Swimming Championships 16 yr-old Female or 17 yr-old Male Qualifying Time; or the Canadian Trial Open Qualifying time
Regardless of when the performance was achieved, the times will be compared against the current season’s time standards to make the determination of a swimmer’s eligibility for credit; the current BC time standards can be found here. The Swimming Canada 2021-2024 standards can be found here.
To apply for credit, qualified individuals must make a written request by email, outlining the following:
- Credit(s) they would like to apply for
- One or more events, including the achieved time and competition it was achieved, in which they have the applicable time standards
- Applicant’s mailing address
Swim BC will then email the applicant a letter that can be presented to their school counsellor. To send your application letter or if you have any further questions, please email Jocelyn Westfall.
Swim BC gratefully acknowledges the financial support of the Province of British Columbia.
305-4420 Chatterton Way
Victoria, BC V8X 5J2