- Interprovincial travel and international travel for sport is not advised.
- All other activities that would be considered typical to your clubs’ operations and programming (ie/ standard dryland training at your pool) may continue. If you conduct strength training at a gymnasium, please note that these facilities have been ordered closed by the PHO and such training should not continue.
- As has been the case in previous Orders, High performance athletes are exempt. They can train, travel, or compete in accordance with safety protocols. (NB – HP athlete means a person who is identified by CSI-Pacific as a high-performance athlete affiliated with Swim BC)
- Adult and mixed-age sport and recreation programs (ie/ Masters programs) are to be conducted at 50% of capacity/occupancy of the space (including pool-based). Please consult with your facility to determine the application of this new language.
- Group Size: There is no maximum group size for participants, coaches, volunteers, staff, and officials.
- Physical distance does not need to be maintained in or out of the pool
- Masks: mandatory when out of the pool.
- Sport organizations are no longer required to have a COVID-19 safety plan, although Swim BC clubs hosting competitions should strongly consider developing a communicable disease prevention plan as per WorkSafe BC guidance to reduce the risk of communicable disease.
Proof of Vaccination reminder:
- NOT REQUIRED for Youth (21 and younger) participating in sport events and programming
- REQUIRED for supervisors* (12 and older) for youth sport events and programming.
- REQUIRED for Youth (12 and older) participating in sport programming and events primarily intended for adults
- REQUIRED for all Adult sport participants (Masters) and all employed and non-employed supervisors* accessing swimming pools
- REQUIRED for spectators (12 years and older) at all sport events and programs
* – supervisors refers to a person leading, supporting, or assisting a sport activity, but who is not working as an employee. This includes parents required to be present at a child/youth program
If you require further information to assess your competition or training status over the holiday break, please email Executive Director Ken Radford. Email will be monitored regularly.