SwimBC is pleased to offer a “Women In Coaching” initiative in which SwimBC will fund one woman currently employed as a full- or part-time coach with a SwimBC member club to attend and serve as a coach with the Prospects West initiative at the 2016 Olympic Trials in Toronto (details on selection process for swimmers and coaches coming next week).
All applicants must be in good standing with SwimBC, have completed a minimum of the Swimming101 course and submitted their post-course portfolio, and who are seeking to further their professional development.
Priority consideration will be given to those who are working with swimmers aged 12-15yrs., and who are at a minimum of the AA-level.
The date of the camp will be April 4 through April 8, 2016, and SwimBC will cover all costs associated with that coach attending.
The selected coach will be responsible to submit a report to the Provincial Performance Director on how they would implement ideas gained from the camp into their weekly template and practice planning. This post-camp report will be due by April 30, 2016.
nterested coaches are to submit their application to Provincial Performance Director, Mike Flegel (firstname.lastname@example.org) including the following:
- Current coaching situation (coach position/title, level of swimmers, etc.)
- NCCP number and current certification level (indicate “trained” or “in training” if not fully certified at a given level)
- A statement of support from your club (or head coach, if assistant coach applying)
- A brief outline or statement about what you would hope to learn or gain from this experience
- Acknowledgement that you will submit the aforementioned report on your experience, covering the, observations, key learnings, and steps forward
The deadline for submitting applications is February 15, 2016.
Please contact Mike Flegel (email@example.com) if you have any questions.