Congratulations to the coaches listed below on being selected as recipients of SwimBC's Coach Mentorship program for 2017-2018.
This year saw the greatest response to this opportunity, and we thank not only the coaches for applying, but also for the coaches who agreed to act as mentors to provide guidance and information for the apprentice coaches.
Apprentice Coach (club) / Mentor Coach (club)
- Ben Geary (HANEY) / Tina Hoeben (KISU)
- Julia Veidt (WGB) / Rod Barratt (UVPCS)
- Steve Carson (CONNU) / Rob Pettifer (RAPID)
- Zach Haw (LOSC) / Rod Barratt (UVPCS)
- Andre Kudaba (VPSC) / Dave Johnson (CASC)
- Mark McGrann (CHENA) / SNC Senior Coaches
- Tina Hoeben (KISU) / Michael Brooks
- Maxime Marechal-McCoy (DELTA) / Barry Healey (CSSSC)
- Sarah Hynd (CHIN) / Tina Hoeben (KISU)
As well, SwimBC has offered two Women in Coaching scholarships to cover the registration fee for the 2018 Swimming301 course being offered in Whistler alongside the CSCTA / BCSCA conference.
The two recipients for this are Jy Stewart (PSW) and Laura Medcalf (VKSC).