Following is an overview of the Provincial Team opportunities for Prospects-aged swimmers and above.
1. Fall Prospects Camps: Selected swimmers were circulated last week to coaches. Coaches are requested to complete this form (http://swimbc.me/2017FallProspectsConfirmation) to confirm which of their swimmers will be taking part.
- Selection process and swimmers listed here.
- Thompson-Okanagan: October 17-18
- LMR Girls: October 23-24
- VIR: November 18-19
- LMR Boys: November 20-21
2. Select Training Squad: We made a couple of tweaks to the selection process to make things a little more user-friendly. There are two selection tiers - OnTrack 3 plus 2%; and OnTrack3 plus 3%.
Having spoken with most of the “plus 2%” swimmers’ coaches, most of them are planning to take part, and thus, we probably only have a few “plus 3%” slots available.
And if a “plus 3%” 17&U swimmer doesn’t make the cut for the Select Training Squad, we have…
3. Youth/Junior Development Squad: While there is no explicit training opportunities for this group, there is significant overlap with the athletes selected for our Fall Prospects camps. This squad, though, also includes some RaceTek support, some targeted IST opportunities, access to PacSport carding where available, and our highly coveted SwimBC Provincial Team gear.
The same online form used for Select Training Squad will be used to nominate swimmers for this program.
- Explicit selection criteria here
Note that the latter two squads request a Gap Analysis for each nominated swimmer. A rudimentary form which can be used is here (http://swimbc.me/2017GapAnalysis); and even if you don’t have an athlete in this selection, it might be a useful exercise to go fill one of these out for your own experience.
Note also that being a member of either the Select Training Squad or Youth/Junior Development Squad will allow swimmers to be a part of any regional PacSport"carding" programs as well.