SwimBC, the governing body for competitive swimming in the province of British Columbia, is seeking an NCCP Coordinator to fill a new position within the SwimBC staff.
This will be a part-time position, commencing September 1, 2011.
The general responsibilities of this position will be to coordinate and oversee the implementation of the National Coaching Certification Program for swimming within BC.
Specific duties shall include the following:
- Scheduling, organizing and overseeing all NCCP courses within BC.
- Delivering six Swimming101 courses (facilitator training will be provided if necessary) over the course of the 2011-2012 season, on a schedule set by SwimBC.
- Recruit and provide opportunities for new NCCP course facilitators
- Regular communications with SwimBC members on updates, pre-requisites, and reminders regarding NCCP courses.
- Ensuring compliance with Swimming Canada, SwimBC, and CSCTA registration and minimum standards
- Handling all enquiries regarding the NCCP that come to the SwimBC office.
- Budgeting and reconciling expenses for all NCCP courses run by SwimBC.
This part-time position will be based out of SwimBC’s offices in Squamish, but the successful candidate will have the option to work from his/her home. Hours will vary each week, but will average around 15-20 hours, depending on the time of the year.
The successful candidate will possess the following:
- A thorough understanding of the NCCP program, both current and former
- Effective writing and communication skills
- Experience and proficiency with MS Office (or similar) word-processing, presentation, and spreadsheets applications
- A demonstrated ability to work independently and meet deadlines, as well as being a proven self-starter.
Travel to deliver weekend (Friday-Sunday) NCCP courses will be required. A computer and other necessary hardware and software will be made available to the successful candidate.
Interested and qualified candidates should submit a résumé and salary expectations for this part-time position via email no later than August 15, 2011, to
Program Director, SwimBC
Only those selected for an interview will be contacted.