The second day of competitin at the 2013 Canadian Age Group Swimming Championships once again saw BC swimmers achieve more than their fair share of success, including a number of swimmers who made a repeat appearance on the medal podium after being there on Day 1.
Tai Long Singh (WDSC) led the charge with two more gold medals, his coming in 100 Free and 50 Back, after his 200 Back win on Wednesday. Lauren Crisp (UVPCS), similarly, added another gold medal to go along with the gold from her 200 Back race.
Stepping up for his first win at the meet, Connor Skuse (NIPA) took the 13&U boys 400IM, while August Horveth (TYEE), Tim Zeng (CHENA), and Brandon DeCosta (RAPID) each added wins in the boys 50 Back.
One SwimBC record was broken as well, with the UVPCS team of Jordan Andrusak, Blair McDowell, Molly Gowans, and Lauren Crisp breaking the 13-14 girls record with their 8:51.05 in the 4x200 Free Relay.
Silver medalists on Day 2:
- Faith Knelson (LCSC) - 100 Free
- Molly Gowans (UVPCS) - 100 Free
- Heather Lam (VPSC) - 100 Free
- Tim Zeng (CHENA) - 100 Free
- Linda Liu (CHENA) - 400IM
- Jordan Andrusak (UVPCS) - 400 IM
- Carson Olafson (SPART) - 50 Back
- Ryan Howe (UVPCS) - 50 Back
- UVPCS Girls 14&U 4x200F.R. (new SwimBC record)
Bronze medalists on Day 2:
- Gabe Lee (WDSC) - 100 Free
- Jordyn Ryan (NIPA) - 400 IM
- Colin Eriks (VPSC) - 400 IM
- Ben Neufeld (NIPA) - 50 Back