It’s been a busy meet for 13-year-old Tai Long Singh, who swims with the Winskill Dolphins in Tsawwassen, but he’s probably not minding the busy schedule, given the success he's had thus far. Going into the final day of the meet, Singh is batting a thousand - getting wins in all six of his individual races at the 2013 Canadian Age Group Championships in Montreal.
Thus far, Singh has won gold medals in 50, 100, 200 backstroke, as well as 50,100, and 200 Free.
His teammate, Paul Zou, also made it to the top of the podium, winning the 14&U boys 200 Free.
Also picking up her first gold of the meet, after picking up silver and bronze earlier, was Molly Gowans (UVPCS) in both the 200 and 800 Free.
Completing her sweep of the 13-year-old girls breastroke events was Renae Ledoux (LOSC), who added the gold in the 200, in addition to the 50 and 100 won earlier in the meet. Similarly, Lauren Crisp (UVPCS) did the same with the 13-year-old girls backstroke events, completing the trifecta with a win in the 100 Back.
Another triple-gold medalist is Tim Zeng (CHENA) who won 100 Back and picked up silver in 50 Free.
Linda Liu added another gold medal to her haul from the meet with a win in the 12&U girls 800 Free, as did Colin Gilbert (KCS) in 200 Fly.
Other SwimBC silver medalists have included:
- Connor Skuse (NIPA) - 200 Breast
- Harry Duan (WSC) - 200 Breast
- Faith Knelson (LCSC) - 50 Free, 100 Breast
- Jasmine Whelan (HYACK) - 200 Breast
- Sarah Whelan (HYACK) - 800 Free, 100 Breast
- Colin Gilbert (KCS) - 800 Free
- Edwin Zhao (PSW) - 800 Free
- Brooke Lamoureaux (NIPA) - 800 Free
- Heather Lam (VPSC) - 50 Free
- Nicolas Duke (CHENA) - 200 Fly
- Esmee Smit-Anseeuw (PSW) - 200 Fly
- Megan Dalke (KCS) - 200 Fly
- CDSC 13&U 400F.R.
Other bronze medalists:
- Gabe Lee (WDSC) - 200 Free
- Blaire McDowell (UVPCS) - 200 Breast
- Hilary Metcalfe (LOSC) - 100 Breast
- Chelsea Borrowdale (LOSC) - 200 Breast
- August Horveth (TYEE) - 100 Back
- Brandon De Costa (RAPID) - 100 Back
- Jackson Xie (CDSC) - 100 Breast
- Harry Duan (WSC) - 100 Bresat
The meet at the pool wraps up on Sunday evening, followed by the 5KM open water race which will take place on Monday morning.