The final day of competition at the 2014 Canadian Swimming Trials in Victoria determined the Senior Team for Pan Pacific Championships in Australia and Commonwealth Games in Scotland, as well as the Junior Teams for Jr. Pan Pacific Championships in Hawaii and the Youth Olympics in China, and BC swimmers factored into those teams prominently.
The results leading up to those team selections had plenty of BC representation, starting from the opening race where Savannah King (UBCD) took the bronze in the women's 800 Free. Brenna Maclean (WVOSC) followed that up in the very next event with a bronze of her own in the women's 200 Fly.
Alec Page (ISC/VAS) took the silver in the men's 200 Fly, which was followed by Erika Seltenreich-Hodgson (GO/VNSC) completing her sweep of the IM events with a win in the 200. Luke Reilly followed up his silver in the 400IM on Thursday with the same the 200 on Saturday, earning himself a spot on his first Senior National team.
The final event of the meet saw Ryan Cochrane and Will Brothers (both ISC/VAS) take the top two spots in the men's 1500 Free.
The named National Teams from Trials are as follows:
- 2014 Commonwealth Games (July 24-29; Glasgow, SCO)
- 2014 Pan Pacific Championships (August 21-25; Gold Coast, AUS)
- Emily Overholt (WVOSC)
- Hilary Caldwell (PSW/VAS)
- Tera Van Beilen (UBCD/VNSC)
- Kierra Smith (LLSC)
- Erika Seltenreich-Hodgson (GO/VNSC)
- Alec Page (ISC/VAS)
- Luke Reilly (UBCD)
- Ryan Cochrane (ISC/VAS)
- Coleman Allen (UBCD/VNSC)
- Will Brothers (ISC/VAS)
- Randy Bennett (Head Coach - VAS)
- 2014 Youth Olympics (August 17-23; Nanjing, CHN)
- 2014 Junior Pan Pacific Championships (Aug.27-Sep.1; Kihei, HI, USA)
- Danica Ludlow (ISC)
- Heather Lam (VPSC)
- James Dergousoff (CHENA)
- Peter Brothers (ISC)
- Markus Thormeyer (WDSC)
- Jon McKay (UVPCS)
- Tim Zeng (CHENA)
- Nicolaas Dekker (RAPID)
- Rob Hill (CHENA)
- Patrick Paradis (CHENA - Coaching Staff)